Elevator pitch Draft

Intro - Hi my name is Farah Blantrice and I am currently a undergraduate freshman here at Penn State Abington. 

Topic/ idea- I have recently took interest on the topic of gender inequality. I took two journal articles that examined similar aspects in which researchers researchered wether or not sexism contributes to gender inequality. I compared these articles from how their concepts are similar and different, to the logic behind the writers structure of the journal article. 

So what? Who cares? - This topic is extremely important! Although I mostly focused on sexism within gender inequality there are much more topics within just gender inequality. For example, women are being belittled when it comes to specific jobs in the work-field, representation in government( is low women are not as likely to get leadership positions compared to men),Gender pay ( women are not payed as much for doing the same exact job as a man )and Maternity leave ( paid time off is not ensured for new moms ). All this ties with the topic of Gender inequality and it is important because it’s a problem that is almost normalized today in our society. We see it as a problem that happens everyday that don’t have much of a solution. People speak on the topic and protest but still there is yet to be a fixed solution.


Professor- Elizabeth, I believe you would best fit my ACURA project because of your field and classes. Throughout these few weeks your social problems class really helped open my eyes to see things from different perspectives and taught me about problems that is considered “ norms “ and is not discussed but almost ignored. Your knowledge on social problems and background in psychology will be perfect for the project! 

Comments